The Whistler Grocery Store is located in the heart of Whistler in the Village Square. This award winning business is busy all year round serving the guests of the resort and many of the local residents. We take enormous pride in our workplace offering a fun, fast paced and respectful experience. The Grocery Store is considered an employer of choice in the community; offering great benefits including flexible scheduling that allows employees the opportunity to participate fully in all the outdoor activities that make Whistler famous. Affordable housing is available for first season staff and a grocery discount is offered to all staff in order to offset the higher costs of living in a resort.
We are pleased to provide employment to overseas travelers providing you have a valid work visa which can be obtained through your closest Canadian Consulate or Embassy.
The resort is busy from December to the end of April and as our business takes pride in providing exceptional customer service by well trained and informed employees, candidates that plan to stay throughout the season will gain precedence over candidates who may only be available to work for a couple of months.
Below are the requirements of a Grocery Store employee:
- Well groomed at all times
- A freshly laundered shirt is provided every day. The employee must provide and wear black or kakis pants, skirt or dress shorts in the summer. Suitable closed toe shoes in good repair are essential.
- Deliver customer service excellence and be an enthusiastic team player
- Must have a Canadian social security number and non residents must have a valid working Visa. Food handlers may also be require to have a Food Safe Certificate and Hepatitis A vaccination
- If I am a non-Canadian resident I need to have adequate travel and health insurance.
- Discount on groceries
- Seasonal Bonuses
- Fulltime permanent employees are eligible for extend health and dental benefits after 6 months (foreign workers must meet MSP requirements to be eligible
Some staff housing is available. All units are fully furnished but employee is required to provide own bedding and towels. There are 18 beds some are in shared rooms.